Document Actions

You are here: Home Counseling Studying with a … Central Services

Central Services

University Advising Service for Students with a Disability/Chronic Illness

We are here to advise you on possibilities for support during your studies (compensation for disadvantages, study assistants, technical aids) and to mediate in the case of conflicts between students and teachers.

Representative for Students with a Disability or Chronic Illness
Beate Massell
Student Service Center
Sedanstr. 6, Room 02/ 015
79098 Freiburg
Tel.: +49 (0)761 203 67380

Office Hours:
Monday, 2 to 4 p.m., and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
and by prior appointment


Student Service Center – Registration Office

The Registration Office is responsible for applications, admissions, and matriculation at the university. It also provides information on applying to be considered as a hardship case, to receive a shorter waiting period for admission, and for an exemption from tuition for a second course of study.
Student Service Center – Registration Office
Sedanstraße 6
79098 Freiburg

Advising / Processing of Hardship Cases

Kari Reulecke
Tel.: +49 (0)761 203 4441

Daniel Weiß
Tel.: +49 (0)761 203 67449

Office Hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Thursday: 2 to 4 p.m.


Academic Advising

Student Service Center – Central Academic Advising Office
The Central Academic Advising Office at the Student Service Center helps prospective students decide what to study and supports students on changes of field of study or institution as well as on any personal, organizational, or institutional difficulties that arise during a course of study. It is the place to go for all important information on degree programs, prerequisites for admission, and possible combinations of fields.

Student Service Center – Central Academic Advising Office
Sedanstraße 6
79098 Freiburg
Tel.: +49 (0)761 203 4246 (hotline)
Fax: +49 (0)761 203 8835


Office Hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
Tuesday, Thursday, 2 to 4 p.m., and by prior appointment (
Please sign in at the information desk (on the ground floor to the right) when you arrive.

Departmental Academic Advising
The right person to turn to for detailed information on the structure of degree programs, examination regulations, working conditions, and working methods is the academic advisor at the department or institute responsible for your field of study. Consult the list of fields of study to find contact information for your departmental advisor (

Specific Advising for Students of Teaching Degree Programs

FACE is the place to go for all questions concerning teaching degree programs at the University of Freiburg and offers individual advising and regular informational events (

FACE  – Main Office
Department of “Advising and Practice Networking”
at the Student Service Center
Sedanstr. 6, 2nd floor
79098 Freiburg

+49 (0)761/203-9842 or (0)761/203-8963



Social Advising at the Studierendenwerk Freiburg-Schwarzwald

This social advising service provides support for Freiburg students on social, personal, or economic issues. This includes questions on insurance, living, and financial aid/BAföG, as well as on dealing with government offices or agencies.
The social advisors also serve as the representatives of the Studierendenwerk for students with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses. Their office is on the third floor of the Studierendenwerk (Room 321). The office is wheelchair accessible.

Barbara Toth and Nerea Ulrich
Studierendenwerk Freiburg-Schwarzwald
Basler Str. 2
79100 Freiburg
Tel.: +49 (0)761 2101-233
Office Hours
Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 12 noon
Thursday, 1:30 to 4 p.m.
and by prior appointment arranged by telephone


Student Government – Studying without Hurdles Department

Within the structure of the student government, the Studying without Hurdles Department (SoH-Referat) represents the interests of students with a disability/chronic illness. The department strives to achieve concrete improvements for such students and maintains contact with various people at the university, the Studierendenwerk, and groups engaged in higher education policy, as well as in the local, state, and federal governments. All interested students are invited to promote the interests of students with a disability/chronic illness here.
The department helps students with questions or problems and would be happy to help you too.

Autonomes Studieren-ohne-Hürden-(SoH)-Referat
c/o StuRa Uni Freiburg
Belfortstr. 24
79098 Freiburg

Office Hours

by prior appointment